1 reply to this topic

#1 taltamir

taltamir

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

This is more of a bug report then a request for help. I also posted it in the 7zip forum @ https://sourceforge....09/index/page/1

I installed alcohol 52% FE 2.0.0.1331 and set it to have shell integration with ISO files (for the "Mount Image" option). Then I installed 7z and set it to associate with all file types. This broke the shell integration for alcohol (its own shell integration is at the same spot that alcohol's was). No problem I said to myself, I will just untick ISO from the file association. However, doing so did not remove the shell association between 7z and ISO... As a test I uninstalled then reinstalled 7zip, alcohol was unsuccessful in regaining integration with ISO no matter what I did. Unticking it, then ticking it again, with 7zip uninstalled, did not work. I do not think I tried reinstalling alcohol though, I will try it next.
I don't know if alcohol 120% has the same issue but I presume it does.
For 7zip I originally had version 9.14 x64, I reinstalled with v9.15 x64

So:
Alcohol should be able to regain the shell integration in case it is "stolen" from it in such a manner.

BTW, the shell integration I am talking about is the right click context item menu that says "7-Zip" and has an arrow on the left to show all the options.
It replaces an option that said "Mount Image"

PS. It might also be related to imgburn, as the image of ISO files is that of imgburn, not that of alcohol (i told alcohol to replace the image with its own image)

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Please post your system report:

http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users