Photo

Please help remove drivers alcohol v.2.0!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alabim

alabim

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hello, i have installed alcohol 120% v.2.0 and now my system (Windows 7 64 bits) says that iīve 4gb of ram instead of the 6gb i had before.
Reading and reading over the Net iīve discovered that what causes the problem is the "legacy driver" than alcohol installs and not removes after uninstalling.

Please give me the names of all files like: a347bus and a347scsi, a3453x.sys, etc, and every regedit keys.

Thank you a lot. Now iīll be waiting for another version of alcohol working fine.

Good bye

#2 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

If you really installed Alcohol v2.0 and not an older (really old...) version of Alcohol then it doesn't use such drivers, it uses only SPTD, you will need to use SPTD installer tool to uninstall SPTD from your system, you can find it in DuplexSecure site at: http://www.duplexsec...om/en/downloads

Anyway I doubt that the memory problem you describe is related to SPTD...

#3 alabim

alabim

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

When i asked for support, i already had used sptd uninstaller, but the problem didnīt disappear.

I have learnīt from another who had the same problem that i should:

-Remove a "legacy" bus driver.
-Delete a PCI legacy key in the device manager.

And i donīt know how to do that

Thanks for your interest

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

-Remove a "legacy" bus driver.
-Delete a PCI legacy key in the device manager.

These items that you are looking for are from SPTD and must have already been uninstalled if you have uninstalled it.
This problem can't have to do with Alcohol, anyway uninstall Alcohol too and, if you want to do more, make sure that the Alcohol's installation folder and the sptd.sys file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers are deleted, also search the registry for any remnants related to Alcohol and SPTD and delete them. Reboot when you are done and if you still have the same problem then it surely has nothing to do with Alcohol and SPTD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users