1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

I just upgraded from trial,

Trial worked fine.

It allowed me to register my copy.

But when it tries to load whether I be double clicking the icon or running after register. It quickly comes up with "Invalid Image Size"

And doesnt continue on.

Anyone have any helpful tips to fix this? I really need to load a couple iso's tonight :-/

Kindest regards and thanks in advance!

#2 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

As you have posted in the Trial Forum, please read: http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

#3 Sgt Sama

Sgt Sama

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Jul 20 2010, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you have posted in the Trial Forum, please read: http://forum.alcohol...showtopic=23848

If I am understanding him correctly, he is having the same problem I am, although I just downloaded the trial. Whenever trying to run the program, it immediately comes up with an error saying "Invalid Image Size".

I understand the rules you showed, and that he is expected to generate and post a system report from Alcohol before receiving assistance, but neither of us can even open the program. sad.gif

I could be wrong, but at the very least I speak for myself. please.gif

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

@mfane240

If you are a purchased user PM any of the administrators with the email you used when buying Alcohol in order to obtain access to the customers only forum,where you will have priority support and no need for a system report.

@Sgt Sama

Which is your OS and are you using a default Windows theme or a modified one?

#5 Sgt Sama

Sgt Sama

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Aug 2 2010, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@mfane240

If you are a purchased user PM any of the administrators with the email you used when buying Alcohol in order to obtain access to the customers only forum,where you will have priority support and no need for a system report.

@Sgt Sama

Which is your OS and are you using a default Windows theme or a modified one?

XP SP3..... and yes it's a modified theme. But I've never run into any problems before and I've been using it for almost a year now. Is there someway to fix what may be wrong? I'd really like to try this program due to all the hype I've received from friends about it. I used PowerISO before and it was less than desirable.

Edited by Sgt Sama, 02 August 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#6 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

This problem will be fixed in our next update due out shortly, please dont ask when it will be released as we never give a confirmed date due to problems that can be found during beta testing, this problem only effects a few systems but we believe we do have a solution.

#7 trengen

trengen

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

<!--quoteo(post=146783:date=Aug 2 2010, 10:42 PM:name=Charalambos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charalambos @ Aug 2 2010, 10:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=146783"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@mfane240

@Sgt Sama

Which is your OS and are you using a default Windows theme or a modified one?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

XP SP3..... and yes it's a modified theme. But I've never run into any problems before and I've been using it for almost a year now. Is there someway to fix what may be wrong? I'd really like to try this program due to all the hype I've received from friends about it. I used PowerISO before and it was less than desirable.

Hello there, Just wondering if you're still stuck on this issue.

Try this, it worked for me.

Under Display properties--
select "Appearance" --
select "Effects" --
Unchecked the box "Use Large Icons"

Click "OK" and close the Display Properties.

Now, Click on Alcohol 120 again, it should work.

#8 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

The problem is fixed on the latest version of Alcohol, just update your version and it will work fine even with non default theme settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users