Photo

Image burning fails + how do I wipe my CD?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 FallacyFallacy

FallacyFallacy

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:10 AM

FIRST QUESTION:

So I torrented a game recently. (In my defence, it's in Japanese and, to my knowledge, unavailable where I live!) In the torrent I got a bunch of RAR files which I unzipped into one folder. In there was two things: a ZIP file containing an ISO file, and a MDS file. I tried using the image burning software (which I hope was the right thing to do; I am really ignorant when it comes to things like this, haha...) for both the ZIP and the MDS, but both times it failed.

The MDS burning failed pretty much instantly, with the log here:

###################### Source Disc/Image Information ######################
Type: Standard ISO Image file
Path: C:\Users\¬Ally!¬\Music\[Co2KY][PS2]Akai_Ito[JPN NTSC]\Akai Ito2\
Name: Akai Ito.ISO
Size: 3.83 GB
Session: 1
Track: 1
#############################################################################

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################
********* Time stamp of this log file: 30/07/2010 3:57:22 PM *********
15:57:22 Processor info: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz x 2 (1994MHz)
15:57:22 Physical memory available to Windows: 3,134,780 KB
15:57:22 Memory Buffer size: 256 MB
15:57:23 Image file loading: C:\Users\¬Ally!¬\Music\[Co2KY][PS2]Akai_Ito[JPN NTSC]\Akai Ito2\Akai Ito.ISO
15:57:23 DVD Source Info: Session: 1, Track: 1, Length: 3.83 GB / 2005712
15:57:30 (E:) HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N (1:0): Recording Method/Speed
15:57:30 Recording - DAO - 8.0X (11080 KB/Sec)
(E:) HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N (1:0) - Media format: DVD-R
15:57:30 (E:) HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N (1:0): BURN-Free activated
15:59:43 (E:) HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N (1:0) - [Write ERROR] LBA: 180800, Length: 32
S:KEY - 04/44/86 - "Undocumented Error Message!"
15:59:43 (E:) HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N (1:0): Recording failed!
15:59:43 Error message: [04/44/86] - Undocumented Error Message!
15:59:43 (E:) HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T40N (1:0): Recording failed!
15:59:43 Image file loading aborted!
15:59:45 Something is wrong with the recording procedure! Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.
##############################################################################

The ISO burning went for a few minutes until about 20%, then failed. Sorry, but I couldn't get the log file for this, as I forgot to save it the first time, and by the second time...well, see my second question.

(For what it's worth, I literally only downloaded the trial today, just to play this game, and all I've done so far is try those two burnings a couple of times, just in case and 'cause I didn't save the report for the first one the first time. And when I tried to burn them I didn't change any of the parameters - pretty much just went 'next' and 'next'. So I can't have screwed it up too badly, right? tongue.gif [Famous last words...])
Of course, it's perfectly possible that I've just done the wrong thing, lol, in which case how do I put it onto a CD?

SECOND QUESTION:

This isn't directly related to Alcohol and I'm sorry, but when I tried to burn the images onto my CD above (specifically, the ISO) it failed, but not before leaving some files on the CD. Some files I cannot work out how to delete. And then when I tried the Erase Wizard it claimed that the CD was 'not a re-writable disc (DVD-R)'. (Presumably because the files are game files - IRX, AFS, SFD etc.) Is there any way I can get these off and use the CD again?

Edited by Charalambos, 30 July 2010 - 08:37 PM.
Removing system reports

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:52 PM

Downloading games from the internet is not legal and we can't support you in this case, sorry but these are the rules.
If your CD isn't a rewritable one then you can't delete any files that you wrote on it whatever type they are of. The only thing that you can do is going on writing it as far as you haven't closed it the first time (in this way you create a 'multisession' disc). If you don't want the files that you have wrote to be visible any more you can delete them in the burning program that you use (Nero or anything else). In this way the files will be deleted from the disc's TOC (Table Of Contents) but there in no way to physically delete them and regain the space that they take.

#3 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

Closed due to illegal downloading.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users