8 replies to this topic

#1 chricholson

chricholson

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

I am running Windows 7 32bit. Alcohol has installed without a problem.

When I came to run the program today I clicked the icon and it appears in the toolbar. When I hover, the little preview window shows the application as loaded. However, there is nothing visible on screen. If I right click the preview window there are not the normal options visible, only minimise and close, so I cannot Move the window back in to view, if that was the problem.

Any ideas?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

Are you using a legal version of Alcohol from this site? Is it the last one (2.0.1.1820)? Which is your OS?

#3 chricholson

chricholson

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

I assume it's legal, it's a trial... I didn't get it off this site as my friend gave it to me on his USB, I don't know what version it is I can't open it. My OS is Windows 7.

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Try downloading and installing the latest trial version of Alcohol from this site, this installation package that tou have may be old, cracked or just corrupted.

#5 chricholson

chricholson

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

Updated to the new version, un-installed and installed new, that hasn't made any difference...

#6 Sgt Sama

Sgt Sama

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (chricholson @ Aug 2 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Updated to the new version, un-installed and installed new, that hasn't made any difference...

I'm not an employee here but when I had a problem (Much different than this one), they asked me if I had a modified/custom theme. Apparently this causes problems because it works fine on my laptop which isn't modified (And coincidentally, it's windows 7 x64).

#7 chricholson

chricholson

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

I appreciate the advice, unfortunately I never applied any skins or anything, just kept the default properties for everything.

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

@chricholson

Please mail to the support_team@alcohol.soft.com with the details of your problem. However it wouldn't be a bad idea to choose again the default theme as your theme, it will restore any existing changes that may have occured.

#9 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

Is there anything reported in the event viewer in the Administrative Tools in the Control Panel?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users