5 replies to this topic

#1 CecilSunkure

CecilSunkure

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

I have installed alcohol 52% on my PC, although I am not able to use any virtual drives. No matter the amount of virtual drives I set up, none ever appear in my computer, and none are accessible via alcohol 52%. The virtual drives are just non-existent.

I have no security software or any antivirus, and I just made sure that I have no malware by running through the majorgeek forums step by step.

I have no idea what to do from here expect post my system information from alcohol and hope someone has a resolution.

Edited by NARS, 15 August 2010 - 08:15 PM.
remove system report

#2 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Please go to Start -> Run and type regedit.exe and run it, then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, then please let me know exactly the values you have for the keys LowerFilters and UpperFilters.

#3 CecilSunkure

CecilSunkure

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

Please go to Start -> Run and type regedit.exe and run it, then browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, then please let me know exactly the values you have for the keys LowerFilters and UpperFilters.

Posted Image

Here is a screenshot. It seems the value for LowerFilters is PxHelp20, while I don't see upper filters anywhere.

#4 CecilSunkure

CecilSunkure

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

After doing a small amount of research, I decided that when I uninstalled some disk burning software (I believe Nero), it had messed with the CD Drive registry. I deleted both the UpperFilters and LowerFilters entries, uninstalled Alcohol, rebooted and reinstalled. Everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for the info on where to look in the registry.

[Resolved]

#5 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

Thank you for letting us know.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

I also have PXHelp20.sys (installed with Winamp for its burning engine) as the value of LowerFilters but no problems with Alcohol, so itself mustn't be the problem.

Edited by Charalambos, 17 August 2010 - 08:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users