• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grungysquash

grungysquash

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:39 AM

OK so I have a licence for alcohol 120 - and I run this on an alienware m11x - which has two video cards, now I'm been told I have this installed on a different computer cos well I suspect the fact this has two video cards is stuffing up the hardware key.

It's getting to the point that cracking this program is the only way I can get it to work reliability - kinda defects the purpose of buying the software cos quite frankly it is good and I do like it and you deserve to be paid - but this is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!

First it was because I was on a network now it's because I have a dual card system - will switch back to internal and see if this works before swapping to discrete - all my games are images which I need to mount (no drive in a M11x and not every game supports steam)

Update - OK have gone back and deleted both activations on my M11x - now I did add in another 2gig stick so my rant above may not be the cause but it may be that I'm now running 6gig Ram not 4 - have reactivated and will see if this fixes it. Hopefully the fact the M11x is unique does not pose excessive issues - mine is an R1 - not optiums like the R2 so the video card is hidden in device manager and is only visible when you switch which is why I suspected this to be the problem.

Edited by grungysquash, 18 August 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

Well, any change of the hardware changes the activation key. If you have your video cards or any other device constantly conected to your system it doesn't cause such a change. Probably the adittion of the 2 GBs of RAM caused the problem, anyway if you are still in trouble just say it to us.
Also by PM any Admin with the email that you used when purchasing Alcohol you can obtain access to the customers' forum were you will have priority support.

#3 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

As you are a purchased customer then you should as Charalambos has suggested, contact one of the support teams Admin for access to the purchased users section of the forum, here you will get priority support for any questions or problems you might have, you will also have access to other information not available in the trial users forum.

#4 grungysquash

grungysquash

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

As you are a purchased customer then you should as Charalambos has suggested, contact one of the support teams Admin for access to the purchased users section of the forum, here you will get priority support for any questions or problems you might have, you will also have access to other information not available in the trial users forum.

Thanks - but I have not located any support forums other than the trial forums (all links after I logon only take me to this forum).

I'll monitor the issue - but be aware the M11x R1 has two switchable graphics cards, integrated and discrete - which I can switch on and off depending on the intention to game or not. I thought this may be interfering with the hardware key as the laptop will have the discrete card hidden - i.e. not showing up in device manager unless it is activated.

#5 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

Thanks - but I have not located any support forums other than the trial forums (all links after I logon only take me to this forum).

I'll monitor the issue - but be aware the M11x R1 has two switchable graphics cards, integrated and discrete - which I can switch on and off depending on the intention to game or not. I thought this may be interfering with the hardware key as the laptop will have the discrete card hidden - i.e. not showing up in device manager unless it is activated.

Having checked your email address with our Database I have updated your forum status, you should now see the Customer forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users