1 reply to this topic

#1 RayV At Home

RayV At Home

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

I wanted to archive my music folder. It's 25Gig and 2830 files. I've spent two years archiving my music cd's.

I first noticed Xtra Wizard didn't give any option to divide up the archive into 6 dvd's (as I expected). I went ahead and created the ISO. It created fine. Although I haven't tried mounting it. It's really too big to mount.

I was hoping the Image Burning Wizard would let me burn the iso to 6 dvd's. It wouldn't even let me select my dvd drive. :unsure:

Even if I was rich enough to have Blu Ray (the disks are just too darn expensive!). It would still take 3 disks (I think you get 9 Gig per Blu Ray single sided?).

Am I missing something? I just bought Alcohol 120% and am still learning. Maybe I overlooked how to make the iso span several disks?

All the Burn software I've used (in the past) has options to divide up large files onto multiple disks. Heck, even the old CD burners would spread files across multiple CD's. This feature has been available in burning software for over 12 years.

I'd appreciate any help. Archiving my files to ISO was one of the main reasons I bought Alcohol 120%. I like mounting Iso dvd's too. :) But, archiving my audio and video files is something I really need to do urgently.

Edited by RayV At Home, 16 October 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#2 ptolomeus3

ptolomeus3

Forum Support

• Support Team
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

I wanted to archive my music folder. It's 25Gig and 2830 files. I've spent two years archiving my music cd's.

I first noticed Xtra Wizard didn't give any option to divide up the archive into 6 dvd's (as I expected). I went ahead and created the ISO. It created fine. Although I haven't tried mounting it. It's really too big to mount.

I was hoping the Image Burning Wizard would let me burn the iso to 6 dvd's. It wouldn't even let me select my dvd drive. :unsure:

Even if I was rich enough to have Blu Ray (the disks are just too darn expensive!). It would still take 3 disks (I think you get 9 Gig per Blu Ray single sided?).

Am I missing something? I just bought Alcohol 120% and am still learning. Maybe I overlooked how to make the iso span several disks?

All the Burn software I've used (in the past) has options to divide up large files onto multiple disks. Heck, even the old CD burners would spread files across multiple CD's. This feature has been available in burning software for over 12 years.

I'd appreciate any help. Archiving my files to ISO was one of the main reasons I bought Alcohol 120%. I like mounting Iso dvd's too. :) But, archiving my audio and video files is something I really need to do urgently.

Hi RayV At Home,

Welcome at the Alcohol 120% Trial Forum. Could you be so kind and post your System Report from within Alcohol as requested by the trial forum guidelines. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users