1 reply to this topic

#1 Nitwit

Nitwit

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

I had an error message come up when trying to install 52 free on my Win 7 (32) Home Premium drive and the technical advice received was that there would be a conflict with Zone Alarm which I use as My Firewall. I also use Zone Alarm on my XP Pro drive which at the time was working fine.

I did a clean re-install of both systems and installed Zone Alarm on both as previous starting with XP which then failed to install 120 properly, same error message as original, only diference was that this time I installed the Zone Alarm tool bar. Uninstalled tool bar, leaving Zone Alarm in situ guarding my system. Re-installed 120 - result bliss -it works fine.

Re-booted to Win 7 removed Zone Alarm tool bar - re-installed 52 - result fids of joy - 52 works fine too.

Conclusion - There does not appear to be a conflict with Zone Alarm itself, just with its non essential tool bar add on. If you remove this from your system you can use Zone Alarm without problems.

#2 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:11 PM

Yes, we are aware of this, however apparently in some ZoneAlarm versions there is no ZoneAlarm Toolbar installed and these also seem to cause problems with SPTD, for these the only solution seems to be uninstall ZoneAlarm completely.

Anyway thank you for your information :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users