#21 Lazer

Lazer

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Tron @ Apr 11 2003, 01:02 AM)
Lazer your post is off topic, this forum is about Alcohol, so if it is Alcohol related we do offer support, but you were talking about something that was not related to Alcohol...

No, it wasn't off topic at all!

I was interested to know how to 'repair' the computer by using the recovery console (on a similar OS to Win 2k) to remove/repair the aborted Alcohol install, as some people suggested. It was sheer coincidence that I encountered the same necessity albeit for a different reason. In my case I did a brand new install of XP, as it is a secondary OS here, and so problem solved.

As far as the recovery console's concerned, from Andareed's reply, it seems as if you do indeed need to be an expert user, and would need to know detailed CLI commands, and know exactly where and how to apply them. So, the recovery console option isn't exactly a magic wand - as implied - but more of a shovel and spade operation.

Personally, I've never had any trouble at all with Alcohol, and I think it's a great piece of software. but I have read lots of posts about install/uninstall problems, and then people blaming it on other previously installed CD software which just sounds like an excuse to me. Trite replies that say 'use the recovery console to repair the install' surely isn't support and don't help at all?

Sorry if that sounds negative to you.

Glad you got it sorted in the end qatzbar. smile.gif

Lazer.

Edited by Lazer, 11 April 2003 - 03:00 PM.

#22 Cin0s3

Cin0s3

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 02:59 PM

I had the same problem last night on my Windows XP machine, install went great, started the program and while it was doing the device setup (I think, whatever that little message that comes up when you start the program after the nag screen) the computer reset and then everytime it tried to boot it would get to the point where it was just about to bring up the XP welcome screen and reboot. I had to run in safe mode and do a system restore to get back into windows. I was able to use the program in safe mode however.

Is there a list of incompatible software anywhere? I have too many programs to list here. I really liked the software and would like to continue using it but dont wanna run in safe mode and do a system restore everytime to use it.

I have Nero installed but not InCD.

#23 maxxcool

maxxcool

100% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:45 PM

glad to hear you got it going, i hate rebuilds tongue.gif

Maxx

#24 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:51 PM

"Personally, I've never had any trouble at all with Alcohol, and I think it's a great piece of software."

At the top of this page you will se the name of this forum "Alcohol Support Forums".....

#25 Lazer

Lazer

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Tron @ Apr 11 2003, 11:31 PM)
At the top of this page you will se(sic) the name of this forum "Alcohol Support Forums".....

Funnily enough it says that at the top of the 'Off Topic' forum too. biggrin.gif

Forewarned is forearmed as they say (thanks Andareed). Or is that too positive for you? tongue.gif

Lazer.

Edited by Lazer, 12 April 2003 - 01:10 AM.

#26 Tron

Tron

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 01:38 AM

Yes, but it says "Off Topic" as you pointed out... Thanks......

All I am saying is if you would like to get help with a failed install of Windows or something other than Alcohol please post it in the "Off Topic" area.... Enough said....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users