#1 Vifa89

Vifa89

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

Hi there,

I am new to Alcohol 120%, and need some explanation on some of the features Alcohol 120% has.

I would appreciate if someone would explain the following - what it is, how it works and what it does :-)

In the 'Options - Reading'

- Advanced Sector Scanner

- A.S.S. Jump Factor

- DPM

'Image Making Wizad'

- Fast skip error blocks

- Read Sub-Channel Data from current disc

- Enhanced Weak Sector Scanner

I have been reading the Help Topics, but I need some further explanation before I get :-)

Best Regards

Vifa

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Please don't doublepost, I deleted your other post.

These options that you mention are used for emulating several copy protections that commercial optical discs may have so as to make a working image and/or copy of them. The details are quite technical, you just have to check with Alcohol's Data-Type Analyzer if a commercial disc has a copy protection and which one and use the corresponding datatype to make the image and/or backup (in order to backup a copy protected disc you must make an image first anyway - then you burn it to a disc if you want). As for the Alcohol reading options just use the default ones, however you can activate the Enhanced Weak Sector Scanner option in order to have better results with certain copy protections. If you have problems while trying to make an image/copy of a copy protected disc or you don't know which exact datatype to use you can post here for help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users