#1 VFRU

VFRU

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hello.

I've installed last Alcohol 120% 2.0.3.8426. I have an image of CD which I did a few years ago in Alcohol with a software which I need. This software needs its CD in a CD-ROM to start. It perfectly works before. Now when I try to run that a window with the message "Access Denied. Please login with administrator privileges and try again" appears and the software doesn't start.

I have all administrator rights on my computer.

Could you help me? What can I do to start the software?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

Does the CD have a copy protection and which one? Emulation of the most copy protections is unfortunately impossible on Windows 10.

#3 VFRU

VFRU

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

How could I check that on an image?

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

Sorry for the late reply. It is supposed that you checked if the original disk has any copy protection and made the image with the corresponding Alcohol's datatype, didn't you?

#5 Yazuli

Yazuli

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

The problem is copy protection that uses Macrovision's SafeDisc requires the secdrv.sys service. Does not matter if you are using an image or the physical CD. There was a recent update to Windows 7 and 8.1 to disable this service because Microsoft determined it had vulnerabilities (see Microsoft KB 3086255).

Windows 10 does not include the secdrv.sys service therefore any CDs, physical or imaged, using secdrv.sys for copy protection will give the error message you posted.

The work-around to this on Windows 10 are few and difficult (easy work-around for Win 7 and 8.1).

Do a search on secdrv.sys or "secdrv.sys Win 10" for more detailed information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users