3 replies to this topic

#1 bladeturbo1973

bladeturbo1973

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

HI, I've used alcohol in the past (prior to win10) and had no issues. after my upgrade to Win10, i decided to buy it rather than use the trial version. after buying and installing the newest version, my computer crashed and i had to do a complete install on win10. i tried using an older version of alcohol which worked fine until windows updated to the anniversary edition and now nothing seems to work. I contacted support but have not heard back. what do i need to do to get a refund?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

The latest version of Alcohol worked fine until the anniversary edition of Windows 10, I don't know why your computer crashed but you should try reinstalling the latest version (and if you still had problems to post here). As for the problem with the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition there is a known problem that probably has to do with SPTD, try installing the latest version of Alcohol or, if you have already done it, wait for a new version of (SPTD and) Alcohol that will fix the problem. I don't know if you can ask for a refund since the problem is because of changes in the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and not because of Alcohol itself. Contacting support was the right thing to do, wait until they reply (how long ago have you contacted them?) and, if they don't, try to contact them again at http://support.alcoh...mailsupport.php.

#3 BlackIceAudigy

BlackIceAudigy

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

I am having the same issue.  I followed the steps on the uninstall support page with no luck.  It seems the program registry keys are "lost" from the windows 7 to windows 10 free upgrade.  And when you try to find the keys in the Windows 10 Reg it doesn't show up; however the installer is still flagging them...

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

I am having the same issue.

Can you give some more information please?

Sorry for the late response, this section of the trial forum isn't very much in use and new topics/posts may slip from attention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users