#1 Isopropanol

Isopropanol

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hello,

I wanted to create an ISO image of the "Silent Hill" PSX classic, but the .iso image format was not available (only .mds and .ccd).

When I remove the sub-channel data reading option from the PlayStation preset, then it's possible to create an ISO image, but I think this would create the image just like from the "Normal CD" option. Is sub-channel data not supported of .iso? And is it required? It should be ISO because it's the most supported format for emulators.

Another problem is that Alcohol always finished the image process with an access violation message and doesn't response anymore. I can't even close the task. I have Windows 10 x64 version 1607 build 14393.

Thanks for help. There's a new version in development?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

A new version of Alcohol has been released, try it and check if you have the same problem.

As for the PlayStation CD image, yes it requires subchannel data and ISO format doesn't support them. If you want to play the game with an emulator it may not require them and you may be able to use an ISO image, but you have to try. As for the game, you will reach a point where you will find three doors with names written on them. These names are the real names of the greater three demons after Satan. Just an information - think what you want about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users