2 replies to this topic

#1 ilovegames

ilovegames

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 02:42 AM

Hello, I am currently testing out the trial version as I want to backup my game library and use them without having to lug around discs and a drive like a normal human being in the year 2023. Creating an image worked just fine. Unfortunately, I've ran into a problem. When I mount a virtual disc SecuROM tells me I should use an original disc. According to the forums, A.C.I.D. is used to make SecuROM believe there is a real drive inserted, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm using Windows 10. Any idea what's the problem? Also does Alcohol 120% make other DRM like SafeDisc, StarForce and ProtectDisc work with backups on Windows 10 as well?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:36 PM

A.C.I.D. is not bundled with the latest version of Alcohol, I don't know why. Also I think that there is a problem with emulating discs on Windows 10, the emulation doesn't work as it does on previous version of Windows, personally I have Windows 8 and I don't know many details. I will PM an administrator to have a look at this topic.

#3 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 03:42 PM

Hello ilovegames, emulation will not work on Windows 10 or 11, this is due to changes that Microsoft made with regards to both Safedisc and Securom. Emulation should work okay with earlier Windows versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users