A:
windows 10 pro

alcohol 120 Free Edition(2.1.1.2201)

DVD/CD-ROM:ASUS SDRW-08U7M-U(USB)

B:
windows xp  home edition sp3
alcohol 120Retro Edition(1.9.5.3229)
DVD/CD-ROM: LITEON ATAPI iHAS324 B

I use computer A to make a mds/mdf with a disk protected by SECUROM NEW, and the file can work without any problem on computer A

But the file can’t work on computer B. 
When I try to mount it, it jumps out a block (file not accessible) ,so I think maybe it's  Alcohol version problem.
Then,I put the same disk into computer B and make the mds/mdf file again.
The process goes well, it can detect its DPM, and the window also shows finish(NO error)
After the file was made, it can’t even run on both computers.
Both of them will jump out a block(Invalid image file)

How can I fix it?

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 07:05 PM

What exactly do you mean? That you can't use the image you make to play a game? :unsure:

#3 Cjlee

Cjlee

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 04:48 AM

I have two computers with different operating systems

A:
windows 10 pro

alcohol 120 Free Edition(2.1.1.2201)

DVD/CD-ROM:ASUS SDRW-08U7M-U(USB)

B:
windows xp  home edition sp3
alcohol 120Retro Edition(1.9.5.3229)
DVD/CD-ROM: LITEON ATAPI iHAS324 B

I use computer A to make a mds/mdf with a disk protected by SECUROM NEW, and the file can work without any problem on computer A

But the file can’t work on computer B. 
When I try to mount it, it jumps out a block (file not accessible) ,so I think maybe it's  Alcohol version problem.
Then,I put the same disk into computer B and make the mds/mdf file again.
The process goes well, it can detect its DPM, and the window also shows finish(NO error)
After the file was made, it can’t even run on both computers.
Both of them will jump out a block(Invalid image file)

How can I fix it?

SORRY FOR REPOST,something wrong with my fonts setting so they can't show normally

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 13 May 2023 - 07:10 PM

The strange thing is that the file shouldn't work on Windows 10 due to Microsoft politics. As for the image you make on Windows XP perhaps the optical drive can not make a good image. Try to do the DPM at the lowest speed possible.

#5 Cjlee

Cjlee

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 08:32 AM

Unfortunatelly, the problem still exists.

This time I use both dirves which I mentioned above with lowest DPM setting on computer B to make mds file ,But the two files cause same problem(Invalid image file).

The weired thing is everytime I put the disk into drives on computer B ,the window changes the function settings

Datatype option disappear and the Read speed is locked at Maximum.

(here is the options which I can modify after I put the disk)-computer B

Reading speed(Locked at maximum)

Skip reading error

Data Position Measurement-Position (Normal/High)

(here is the options which I can modify before I put the disk)-computer B

Read speed

Skip reading error

Fast skiperroe block(Not every device supports this function)

Advanced sector scanning (factor:100) 

Read sub-Channel Data from current disk

Data Position Measurement(Precision:High)

Datatype

I suspect (Read sub-Channel Data from current disk)  this option cause the difference?

Really want to solve the promblem!

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE! :wub:

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:40 PM

Yes, read sub-channel data is necessary for the SECUROM NEW copy protection. The fact that you can't select datatype or change the settings is weird. Maybe your optical drive can't read subchannel data? :unsure: Of course I suppose that we are talking for a CD, DVDs doesn't have sub-channel data.

#7 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 10:24 AM

The strange thing is that the file shouldn't work on Windows 10 due to Microsoft politics. As for the image you make on Windows XP perhaps the optical drive can not make a good image. Try to do the DPM at the lowest speed possible.

And still don't make nothing with that? Only let's Microsoft on all? Emulation RMPS and all maybe don't work after burnt on discs copy. But made image from original protection discs why don't work in virtual drivers? So for virtual drivers still need turn RMPS ? Or how is emulation DPM in Virtual drive with original made image from source disc? 

#8 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 07:25 PM

Due to changes that Microsoft made in Windows 10/11 emulation ceased working. That's all.

#9 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 05:31 AM

No one tell. Was few versions Alcohol 120/52 which had turned RMPS and ignore ATIP and all emulation in windows 10 and was on SPDT 2x that and you only made cut options. Where is problems make virtual options and function which can make open all normally separate from version systems? So emulation protections make system or software? I understand function burn on physical discs can don't work, because need later that emulations if isn't copy 1:1. But virtual drive? Is making image files and that make virtual alcohol drive to emulation later inside. Emulations which name emulations it was always used to make copy on discs, especially if burner didn't can read some bad sectors or subchannels. Or needed burn that DPM as RMPS on disc cd/dvd and was "need emulation" that backups. But I see when i take read subchannels or skip fast errors, it make faster and still precisions to image in others softwares. So stop make "marketing tricks" and give special edition alcohol product to make images and emulate in Windows 10/11, what is adapted and work in isolation from version system. My suggestion give important options to read discs to images and to emulations how i told. And that protect from blacklists but inside all. Windows 10/11 is interesting that style, can use sata mode for virtual drive or specific mode Alcohol virtual drive (daemon tools have DT too as their) and general how programs blacklists in past how remember SCSI or IDE virtual drives, can use that potential. I can be your tester, especially if maybe i have old CDs/DVDs. But stop use physical access to the data systems Windows 10/11, because they haven't secdrv.sys. Why physical use that. That wonder, make without adware inside. Show to people, they can still trust your software to emulations protections discs from images made and putted in Alcohol. We need skip some restrictions Windows. We know all, Microsoft let's him to much. And if can't copy old games on discs to work, then stay emulation. Is still problems with denuvo gamers would have possible to make images and emulation that (if on cd/dvd is game), still is without tages profile. Daemon tools in pro version have that resolved. Please look on read/write options sometimes to them to put that profile. Add possible make mdx images too. For all products. And please wonder over that special edition Alcohol emulator dedicated for Windows 10+ and don't refer to make virtual machine with older Windows. Not all people know how make that (me know how but all don't need be obligated to know). Pass on my suggestions to developers. Best regards

#10 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:17 PM

Due to changes that Microsoft made in Windows 10/11 emulation ceased working. That's all.

Isn't it clear? On Windows 10/11 emulation just doesn't and can't work, if there was a way they would have already done it. The only solution as you say is using an older OS on a virtual machine for the discs/images that you want to use with emulation. Period. :huh:

#11 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 05:44 AM

Ok. But how you make explain about after how Microsoft blocked/delete file secdrv.sys in 2015, two or three versions Alcohol products which was first in versions 2x didn't made cut important things like emulations? And if that options was use on backups cds/dvds to turn, you did can have turned off for emulation from virtual drive? Only that ATIP was need turn always. And RMPS but after burn on copy cd/dvd for can tutn on. So virtual drive vs copy backup on discs haven't their laws? And it isn't marketing things how Alcohol try be like nero? User pay, but corporation cut functions and tell because "windows 10/11 and Microsoft".

#12 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 07:25 PM

You can make disc/images with emulation on Windows 10/11, they will just don't work on Windows 10/11.

Isn't it clear? On Windows 10/11 emulation just doesn't and can't work, if there was a way they would have already done it. The only solution as you say is using an older OS on a virtual machine for the discs/images that you want to use with emulation. Period.  :huh:

You believe it or not. I have nothing more to say and don't keep posting about this issue, I will just won't reply and probably nobody else.

#13 ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 08:29 PM

You can make disc/images with emulation on Windows 10/11, they will just don't work on Windows 10/11.

Isn't it clear? On Windows 10/11 emulation just doesn't and can't work, if there was a way they would have already done it. The only solution as you say is using an older OS on a virtual machine for the discs/images that you want to use with emulation. Period.  :huh:

You believe it or not. I have nothing more to say and don't keep posting about this issue, I will just won't reply and probably nobody else.

Then fine. I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users