• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CYBER

CYBER

Brazilian Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Translator
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 03:23 AM

I’ve got a suggestion for a future version of Alcohol. When I want to create a copy of a protected CD, I cannot add any files to them. I can just copy, as it is, but I can’t add anything. It would be nice if Alcohol could add new files (ex: Game Updates, Trainers, etc), and maintain the protection stuff, like unreadable sectors and so on. There are some programs that can do this, but they have lots of limitations - They can’t edit multi-session disks, and can’t maintain the CD like the original. This would be something like an Image File editor.

#2 VLuka

VLuka

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 05:00 AM

You can't add files to the image and maintain cd-protection in 99,9% cases.

#3 Trial User_Raistlin2k_*

Trial User_Raistlin2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2002 - 07:04 PM

But it would be still very nice to have this feature.

Since building of custom images is planned, it shouldn't be to hard to realize this feature, building & editing of images require the same routines.

I see following 2 instances where this can be very useful:
1. Rip out for example Acrobat Reader, DX update etc. to get image smaller (for notebooks)
2. For some games, I don't care about copy-protection & just use a no-cd-patch from w*w.gamecopyworld.com, this is legal, if I own my disc & want a copy on my notebook having just an external CD-drive I don't want to carry along all day (that's why I use Alcohol!!). So I can add the patch & several updates to the image.

Till now, I have to use Ultr**so for that job, but it would be really very nice to have one tool for everything related to CD-burning!! A tool that does 120% of the job tongue.gif

Thanks
Raist

P.S. BTW, just came home & thought about writing such a request, good to see that someone has the same idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users