• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sentinel

Sentinel

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:26 PM

It would be nice if it were possible to add comments when making an image which will then be displayed when the image is selected in the manager. I think it would be useful for keeping serial numbers together with the software or for additional install information etc.

#2 luciano

luciano

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:15 PM

you can write the serial in the image name, as i do

#3 ToMMeR

ToMMeR

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:46 PM

then it will be so long a name...

I think its a good idea where u can add comment ie. serials to every image

#4 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:10 PM

Just hex edit the image and look for "zero" spots (i.e., long strings of 0's). Then add the serial here.

#5 ToMMeR

ToMMeR

68% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 09:33 PM

Thats also a lot easyer than haveing a simple comment thing that is attached in the file...

#6 silversword

silversword

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 11:21 PM

I'd also like to have a comment field, right now I'm storing the serial Number as part of the display name (in the file name, after 25+chars there's excessive overhead to the file system I don't want to have to deal with later-fat/fat32 related).

There should be a comment area that gets saved with the display name in Alcohol (that you can export). Because usually the information needed is SN and Copy Protection Type (if you need to burn a backup copy later without digging out your original disk)...

File names like
Windows 98 SE - xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx: Normal: in Filing cabinet: Purchased 06-13-2003.mdf
seems to be a little rediculous.

File Name: Windows 98 SE
with Comment field of:
SN: xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
Copy Protection: Normal
Original CD Location: In 2nd drawer filing cabinet
Purchased: 06/13/2003 (Receipt audit)
etc.

Sure seems to make a lot more sense, and you can save all the info you want and it's centralized info location so you don't have to go 3 different places for the info.

If it does get implemented, it'd be nice to have that field available for typing into on the Image Making Wizard, second screen. Otherwise you'd have to burn the image, wait for image to finish, right-click last image made, properties, comments and type it in, which would be a pain.

Great program Alcohol,
David Troesch
ICQ# 2333123

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users