9 replies to this topic

#1 Snowlock_

Snowlock_

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:01 AM

I don't care what the excuses are... I am going to flat out say that the development team working on premastering is so incompetent... how long is it going to take? angry.gif

I wonder why there is a DLL within my Alcohol directory that says "CD/DVD pre-mastering toolkit for Win32" when Alcohol doesn't have pre-mastering support. Could this be used for some other features??? :whistle:

Either way, I think it's safe to say that the development team is either lieing to the puclic about pre-mastering support... OR... they just don't care... either way... it sucks and this is a MAJOR flaw to Alcohol... This software OWNS in just about every aspect... so sad that it's slipping...

GET OFF YOUR *** AND PROVIDE PRE-MASTERING SUPPORT... AFTER ALL... THOSE THAT BOUGHT YOUR SOFTWARE DESERVE IT! :mat:

#2 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 02:12 AM

pfctoc.dll (file you are talking about) is used for cdi (discjuggler) support, afaik.

As for premastering, I can tell you that progress is definately being made. We won't, however, release anything until it has been completed and thoroughly tested.

#3 Snowlock_

Snowlock_

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:35 AM

I'm almost willing to say that 1.10 patch for Diablo II will be out before pre-mastering support... and guess what... that patch is maybe 5 TIMES bigger than pre-mastering...

I personally believe you people are gonna shove pre-mastering support into a MAJOR version UPGRADE so you can get more money... I can't see how it could possibly take almost a year, 10th of October, to complete such a task... you are waiting for some reason...

#4 Snowlock_

Snowlock_

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:52 AM

Feature List of the Padus Foundation Class
  • Pure C/C++ object-oriented environment with no Win32 UI

• Support for Windows® 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP

• Independent ASPI layer

• Includes several sample applications (with source code) that illustrate the most common CD/DVD tasks

• Full 32-bit multi-thread and multitasking implementation

• Operates asynchronously with the ability to write multiple tasks at the same time

• Small footprint (the whole toolkit is contained in one single DLL of ~1MB)

• Consistent programming interface to real and virtual source and destination devices

• High speed pre-mastering engine, compatible with the most recent CD/DVD speeds

• CD writing methods: Track-At-Once, Session-At-Once, Disc-At-Once, RAW Disc-At-Once (with full PQ/R-W sub-code support and the ability to burn multiple sessions at once)

• DVD writing methods: Session-At-Once, Disc-At-Once

• CD file systems supported: ISO-9660, Joliet, UDF, Bridge (any combination of the above)

• DVD file systems supported: ISO-9660, UDF, Bridge (any combination of the above)

• CD file system extensions supported: XA / Bridge , El Torito (bootable), Apple hybrid

• DVD file system extensions supported: El Torito (bootable), Apple hybrid

• CD formats supported: CD-DA, CD+G, CD-ROM, CD-XA, CD+ (Enhanced CD), Mixed Mode, VideoCD, Super VideoCD, PhotoCD, Multi-session CD

• DVD formats supported: DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio

• Video Recording for real-time and incremental DVD writing

• Reads and writes CD/DVD images in raw and .CDI formats®®

angry.gif Why is it that this foundation class provided by Padus, obviously has Pre-mastering support available (See the feature list), but Alcohol doesn't use it?

:mat: Why is it that Alcohol just HAPPENS to have the proper DLL in order to provide pre-mastering support through the PFC, but alcohol doesn't use it???

:cen: DO NOT MAKE ME RUN A SCAN ON ALCOHOL AND CHECK TO SEE IF THE PFCTOC.DLL IS EVEN BEING CALLED... BECAUSE IF IT'S NOT, I'M GONNA B*TCH SOME MORE...

I better and the rest of the alcohol community had better get some D*MN answers... We paid for this software... We deserve to know through lost promises if not through kindness...

Edited by Snowlock_, 25 September 2003 - 04:02 AM.

#5 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 03:58 AM

From what I know, pfctoc.dll is used solely for cdi support - it has nothing to do with premastering (in alcohol) at all.

#6 Ki||er

Ki||er

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 07:24 AM

Well I have beat this issue to death many times

Plain and simple is that I bought this product becuase you promised pre-mastering support. I don't really care about how you are not going to release it until its ready, well you released your primary product and had to do numerous updates to fix the problems.

I have to side with Snowlock_ here, you guys I think are trying to shaft us into paying more money, which I think would be your undoing as I have stood by this product for many months under the impression you would deliver.

All I ever asked for was to get what I was promised when I PAID for my subscription. I don't see how thats impossible to do, and yes like I have said before. Monkeys could code this damn element faster than it seems you can, why? I don't know. You made a damn fine product and its a shame your letting this continue at this rate.

Edited by Ki||er, 25 September 2003 - 07:26 AM.

#7 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:33 AM

Monkeys could code this damn element faster than it seems you can,

the development team working on premastering is so incompetent...

Like you our Development Team are "Human" and have feelings the same as yourselves, comments like this are abusive and uncalled for. I respectfully ask that you keep these type of comments out of your posts.

I personally believe you people are gonna shove pre-mastering support into a MAJOR version UPGRADE so you can get more money...

I have to side with Snowlock_ here, you guys I think are trying to shaft us into paying more money

You are entitled to your opinions, but I can categorically state that no increased payment for the version with pre-mastering is planned. (end of subject)

As Andareed has already said
As for premastering, I can tell you that progress is definately being made. We won't, however, release anything until it has been completed and thoroughly tested.

So now you know, even though if you had used search you would have found this answer in other posts on the forum.

It is in "Beta" Testing stage now after having been through "Alpha" Testing, we will release it as and when we are ready and satisfied that it meets our users requirements and not one day before.

#8 Snowlock_

Snowlock_

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:48 AM

Funny how you dodged the explanation on the PFCTOC.DLL. Why not tell us why it's there... Is it truly being used for the sole purpose of CDI support, is it also going to provide the pre-mastering engine since it has the capabilities, or is it even XXXXXXX used???

Give us some XXXXXXX answers besides the sameXXXXXXXX...

Jesus, be honest with us... TELL US SOMETHING... get off your high horse and become a customer of the alcohol product for once instead of the HiGh & MiGhTy developers that can't seem to provide pre-mastering support within a reasonable time...

Edited by Phoenix, 26 September 2003 - 06:36 AM.

#9 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:46 AM

From what I know, pfctoc.dll is used solely for cdi support - it has nothing to do with premastering (in alcohol) at all.

Either way, why do you care whether this dll is used for anything?

#10 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 06:32 AM

comments like this are abusive and uncalled for. I respectfully ask that you keep these type of comments out of your posts.

I politely asked you to refrain from posting abusive and uncalled for comments in your posts, but you have blatantly gone ahead and disregarded me.

may i draw your attention to the posting rules for the forum that can be found HERE

4. You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.

6. You may not use profanity. It is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. We have word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing those word filters will result in punitive action.

9. We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.

Post Closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users