8 replies to this topic

#1 theodin

theodin

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 09:02 AM

I have read the 'areguments' about 'premastering' - I dont know if that means creating an image from files etc, like you can with roxio ecdc product. Alcohol is top notch stuff, but am keen to wait on this support (if it comes), or for another top notch product to come along - I want to be able to use alcohol to create a CD of my own content and liking - is this support coming? I am persevering with the roxio product as it came with my pc, but it is rubbish.

If support is coming, please advise of an eta. even if it would cost more to buy, the software is definetly missing this important feature!

#2 mohscorpion

mohscorpion

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 10:05 PM

Hi Pals ,
I think each software must be in it's specialty job . for copying alcohol or Clonecd or Blind or ... are made for . but creating cd's has it's own professional softwares like nero or winoncd or ... . i think it's good enough . because i think if some one would try to do so many things can't do them as good as a professional that does only one job .
Alcohol it's for copying and Nero is for creating both of them excellent in their job and weak or unable to do other jobs .
that was in my humble opinion ..

good luck
:flower:

#3 vempire

vempire

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:10 AM

I totally agree with this. If Alcohol could allow you to make your own compilation discs, there would be no need for any other burning software.

#4 Tigerite

Tigerite

120% Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 01:25 AM

They're working on it, such a huge change requires time though

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 10:07 AM

As Tigerite has stated, we are working on this option so that Alcohol will become an all in one softeware for your recording requierments we hope to add this function in the very near future.

#6 njmorf

njmorf

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:25 AM

I'd like to see at least a limited image editing ability - not necessarily full image creation. I have some software which came on a coverdisc and needs to have the disc in the drive to run. I have created an image to run in the virtual drive but it's about twice the size it needs to be.

I'd like to be able to remove the unnecessary data from the image - a selective delete from the final image or the ability to create the image without some of the disc's contents. I was thinking of buying Virtual CD v4 because it has this feature.

Neil.

#7 cbf305

cbf305

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:48 PM

I think that it is a great idea to be able to make cd's from files with this software. I have nero 6 and it's a great piece of software, but to have everything in one suite would be perfect.

My suggestion for a future version is along these lines. Add the support for emulating CD-RW's and DVD+-RW's.

I'm sure that people are going to ask why. And from my own standpoint...I am the net. admin. for a large school district, and we keep all of our software on our servers. Since I found Alcohol 120% we have started to test the creation of CD images for use on the server for network installs. We can have the virtual drives mounted as network drives from our login script and install the software from them. We also alter setup.ini files to automatically enter the CD key. But once the image is created we can't change it. We have to copy it to a workstation, alter the file, burn it to a iso and then upload it to the network. it's not a hard process, but rather a time consuming one. It would be nice if the image could be made and then mounted to a CD or DVD RW and altered. Well that's my two cents.

John
jrf1nc@northcanton.sparcc.org
Network Administrator

#8 farmerboy9999

farmerboy9999

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:55 AM

I would like this option as well, alcohol 120 would make a complete suite of dvd/cd programs with this item. I would also suggest a dvd coping patch.

#9 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:33 AM

I think most people would like it, except for those who've already paid for Nero or equivalent tongue.gif

But good things take time. No point putting out a half-arsed attempt that causes more problems than solutions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users