Mounting Multi-file Iso From Nero

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Trial User_etee_*

Trial User_etee_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:22 AM

I want to mount a multi-file image (fat32 4GB limit) of a 7GB dvd from nero's image burner, but I am only allowed to select a single image file in alcohol 120% ver 1.4.3. Is it possible to mount this multi file iso image?

#2 Andareed

Andareed

Beta Tester

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:34 AM

What files do you have?

#3 XDmitry

XDmitry

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (Andareed @ Nov 5 2003, 01:46 AM)
What files do you have?

I have the same problem. When nero writes iso images on fat32 partition, it (or windows internally?) splits them into 4GB chunks, naming them image.iso, image.001 and so on.

So, it would be nice for alcohol 120% to mount such multivolume iso images.

#4 Robbo

Robbo

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 6,740 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:02 AM

i will move this to the suggestions forums as it is better suited there.

#5 aemulus

aemulus

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:18 PM

another option, is to use joining software to merge the two files into one. they would have to be merged in order as only one file in the image set contains the header information (El Tolito, Joilet, etc)

Edited by aemulus, 07 November 2005 - 06:19 PM.

#6 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

I have the same problem. When nero writes iso images on fat32 partition, it (or windows internally?) splits them into 4GB chunks, naming them image.iso, image.001 and so on.

You can write a multiple mdf/mds image with Alcohol using the option "Separate every...", then mount the mds file to a virtual drive and use it in the same way as a unified image. The files of the image must of course be all in the same folder for it to work.

Edited by Charalambos, 07 November 2005 - 06:35 PM.

#7 XDmitry

XDmitry

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (aemulus @ Nov 7 2005, 07:30 PM)
another option, is to use joining software to merge the two files into one. they would have to be merged in order as only one file in the image set contains the header information (El Tolito, Joilet, etc)

I guess that it is better to read the question before answer it.
This is a problem of fat32, which cannot handle files over 4gb. So, you may use all or any of your joining software in any order, but you still can't produce files over 4gb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users