3 replies to this topic

#1 Max

Max

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 09:31 PM

This program is great, i wish it support compression for the mds images. I really want this feature. If you want i can email you a block compression routine with variable block size in C, supporting random file access, read, seek, write, etc. using zlib or pkware dcl.

#2 Trial User_Raistlin2k_*

Trial User_Raistlin2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2002 - 04:59 PM

I have set NTFS compression to the folder where all my Image-files go in, so all new created files get compressed on creation, very nice. Unfortunately, compression is not very good (700MB > 600 MB), but for my Vaio even those 100 MB count!

Raist

#3 Max

Max

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 08:41 PM

I want it, so i can burn the compressed images into DVD-R and no wasting any space.
I'm using paragon cd emulator, because Alcohol do not support compression sad.gif, Alcohol seems to be a lot more polish product.

#4 Sentinel

Sentinel

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 11:22 AM

It really needs this before it will be useful to me. I know it was promised for Fantom ages ago but never materialised (no pun intended!). It's strange that every other CD Emulator offers compression except for the ones that are properly designed to handle protected discs. In the case of Daemon Tools it is understandable as they are just mounting images made by other burning software. Once you create the images with your own program, adding compression support must be quite trivial, after all, it's not like block mode de/compression examples are not readily available on the Net or even tricky to write anyway.

In the meantime I'll just stick to Daemon Tools and Virtual CD. Why can't one package do everything :-(

So please, please, please add compression support and make me a happy man. In fact a happy customer! ;-)

At the very least can you at least state whether you intend to implement compression in the future?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users