• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 05:34 PM

Well, Alcohol 120% is the best CD cloning program right now. But it needs a feature to be almost perfect: pre-mastering, like Nero. Alcohol can only duplicate CDs, we can't make an audio or data compilation. So, we all ave to use Nero or other programs to do that. It would be nice to add that feature to Alcohol, and we get rid of Nero 4ever biggrin.gif

Also a protection detecting feature would be nice, and not illegal as long it doesn't indicates how to bypass the protection (CloneCD or Alcohol settings).

#2 mapi

mapi

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 05:57 PM

Read this!

http://forum.alcohol...6ed9c9394dd03c1

#3 Lvsitano

Lvsitano

Portuguese Translator

• Alcohol Beta Tester
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 16 November 2002 - 10:20 PM

I know that already, but it's very weak compared with Nero's features.

#4 aksdb

aksdb

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 08:53 PM

would it be also possible to integrate an own copyprotection? there are some free copyprotections around for audio and for data .... perhaps you develop an own (ok ok - this would be too much work) or try to get one of these free ones to include in alcohol .... would be very cool ...
(would also mean, that you have a feature, what no other popular burning program has wink.gif)

#5 Phoenix

Phoenix

120% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 6,524 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 09:25 AM

Ummm personaly i cant see the point in including a copy protection in a program that circum-navigates copy protections to enable people to create a backup of a copy protected game, kind of defeats the object of the program...

#6 aksdb

aksdb

1% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 01:38 PM

sure - it it not relevant if you create a backup copy ... but i would like such a feature combined with the disc mastering feature ... a 1:1 copy wouldn't be a 1:1 copy if you include a copy protection yourself ...
but if you create an own cd, it would be useful ... wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users