thanks

Daniel

#22 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

The next release of Alcohol may have this problem solved, until then try with another drive or search the web for an mds file for your game- you must make the mdf file by yourself of course even without the DPM, then you'll replace the mds one.

#23 daniel123

daniel123

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

[quote name='Charalambos' date='Oct 29 2007, 04:53 AM' post='133771']
The next release of Alcohol may have this problem solved, until then try with another drive or search the web for an mds file for your game- you must make the mdf file by yourself of course even without the DPM, then you'll replace the mds one.
[/quote

Thanks, I'll give it a go on my other PC

cheers

Daniel

#24 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

You can also try changing the default control interface in Alcohol's options to the Windows one and try obtaining the DPM again.

#25 daniel123

daniel123

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (zamiel @ Oct 29 2007, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can also try changing the default control interface in Alcohol's options to the Windows one and try obtaining the DPM again.

Hi

I have now copied the Securecom protected DVD, sucessfully I believe, using my other PC, can you please send me a link to a Procedure or How to, for burning this to a DVD that I can use in my DVD player to play the game.

Then I will have been fully sucessful ans will know how to do it for the rest of my Games.

thanks

Daniel

#26 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:01 AM

DVD Player? If you mean a console or something like that then you are out of luck. If you mean the DVD drive of your PC then you just have to enable the RMPS emulation in the Alcohol's options( I suppose you burned the DVD with the RMPS data?). If the drive is a writer then you may have to enable the "Hide media type" option also.

#27 daniel123

daniel123

10% Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Charalambos @ Nov 2 2007, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DVD Player? If you mean a console or something like that then you are out of luck. If you mean the DVD drive of your PC then you just have to enable the RMPS emulation in the Alcohol's options( I suppose you burned the DVD with the RMPS data?). If the drive is a writer then you may have to enable the "Hide media type" option also.

Yes the DVD player/writer on my PC,

but I did what you said and it all went well, I now have two working backups of the game,
one to play the game with and one to store away.

Thanks a lot for your patience and advice, I will be getting a registered version tomorrow morning,when I have
time.

Thanks agaain

regards

Daniel

#28 zamiel

zamiel

Forum Support

• Administration
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

Glad all went well for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic