3 replies to this topic

#1 Orochi

Orochi

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

I would like to suggest few improvements for alcohol portable.

1. Command line support. Ability to install and uninstall driver from command line.

Ability to mount, unmount and list images from command line. Pretty much what AxCmd.exe does.

2. Alcohol Portable driver should be contained within the same folder from where alcohol portable is ran, and not placed in system32 folder during driver installation. 

3. Alcohol service AxSCSIServiceEx.exe should also be contained in the same folder as the program itself and loaded from there.

4. Tray icon with options such as mount, unmount, driver/service removal and exit.

5. Main menu should have open image, that would be picked through explorer, not just drag and drop.

6. Context menu with options.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. 

#2 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, however Alcohol Portable was released once and haven't been developed since then, I don't know if this will change in the future.

#3 Orochi

Orochi

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Thanks for your suggestions, however Alcohol Portable was released once and haven't been developed since then, I don't know if this will change in the future.

Very sad news. 

Alcohol Portable could have been a formidable opponent to free programs such as WincdEmu, OSFmount, Virtual Clone Drive and ImageDrive, since it supports greater amount of image formats.

Is there any particular reason not to continue development of alcohol portable?

Are there any plans to make alcohol 52% portable?

#4 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:13 PM

There are free versions of Alcohol 52% and 120% with more capabilities, perhaps that's the reason. As for plans to make Alcohol 52% portable there are no such plans as far as I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users