44 replies to this topic

#21 Mike45160

Mike45160

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

I noticed that DuplexSecure posted a new version (2.05) of SPTD2.SYS on their site yesterday (9 November).  I have not tried installing it yet -- does anyone know if this version resolves the fast startup/hibernation issues?

#22 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

Thank you for letting us know danuinfo

#23 danuinfo

danuinfo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:01 PM

I checked SPTD2 driver version 2.05 on windows 10 Pro enabling disabling fast startup. No problem we have disabled the fast startup. Once fast startup enabled, windows 10 is unexpectedly shutdown caused by SPTD2 driver crash in the next computer turn on process.

According to my findings, only solution is disabling fast startup hence Duplex Secure is not fixed the SPTD2 driver compatible issue with the windows 10.

Finally, I re-enable the fast startup and disable the sptd2 driver. Unfortunately windows 10 did not start normally and bellow message appeared.

"Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart, we'll restart for you. I would like to know more, you can search online later for this error ;INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"

What I could do is, restore the system to an earlier point of before installing SPTD2 driver update.

(I checked 02 times disabling spdt2 drivers and restoring system to confirm whether issue only caused by spdt2 driver v2.05)

Dear NARS, hope you also will try or test and give a solution for this issue. Because we are unable to contact Duplex Secure.

#24 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

Thank you for your detailed information, I will pass them to our development team as they are in permanent contact with DuplexSecure.

#25 Gorkster

Gorkster

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

I upgraded to v2.05 of SPTD and am still/also having the same results as others are posting.  (I only enabled "fast startup" temporarily for testing and have disabled it again.)  Fwiw I also have intermittent computer crashes (once every week to 1.5 weeks) and crash dumps seem to point to SPTD as the culprit.  This has only happened to me since upgrading to Win10-64 and I did open a ticket directly with Alcohol Soft awhile back.  (Win8.1-64 was solid before I performed a clean install to Win10.  However, I don't recall if I was using "fast startup" in Win8.1-64 or if I had disabled it.)  To be clear, I haven't had sufficient time after installing SPTD v2.05 to know if upgrading to this version has solved the crashing issue, but testing does indicate the problem with "fast startup" is still present.

It's good to know Alcohol Soft is actively trying to fix the issue.  Thanks!  I'm happy to share my crash dump files (or the analytical results from WhoCrashed) if they are needed.  I've been thinking about uninstalling Alcohol and SPTD for a few weeks to see if my system stabilizes for sure but don't relish the idea of going without Alcohol for that long.

I also reported the "fast startup" problem directly to Duplex Secure when I was using SPTD v2.04, but was not aware at that time my computer crashes seem to be due to SPTD as well.  Since I never heard back from Duplex Secure, and after learning Alcohol Soft is working directly with them, I haven't bothered to report to them that I'm having the same results with "fast startup" and SPTD v2.05.

I'll post back if my computer continues to crash with SPTD v2.05.  I am running the paid version of Alcohol 120%, v2.0.3 b7612.

Edited by Gorkster, 12 November 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#26 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

For users still having this problem with SPTD 2.05 please post minidump files.

#27 Gorkster

Gorkster

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:28 AM

Just so folks are aware, the first major update to Windows 10 (10.0.10586) has been released.  The upgrade process re-enabled "fast startup" for me which causes the SPTD problem with a crash on the first cold boot.  Be sure to disable "fast startup" again after you upgrade until Alcohol-Soft and Duplex Secure are able to fix the problem.

Which brings me to my reason for posting...  This problem with "fast boot" and SPTD is obviously still apparent in Windows 10.0.10586.  As far as the crashes I've reported getting every one to two weeks which are apparently related to SPTD, I'll need more time to see if SPTD v2.05 solved that particular issue.  I'll report back if I continue to see crashing - but haven't yet since upgrading to SPTD v2.05.  (It's been less than a week though.)

Btw, I sent the minidump files as requested above.

#28 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thank you for your help Gorkster :)

#29 Gorkster

Gorkster

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:36 AM

No problem.  Just to be clear, I am reporting two different "types" of crashes which seem to be related to SPTD2 per the minidump files.  One is directly after EVERY cold boot when "fast boot" is enabled.  This is easily tested since it is reproducible on demand.

The other is a crash which happens at random while the computer is running, usually every 1-2 weeks.  Per the dump files, this crash is also related SPTD2.  This one occurs when "fast boot" is NOT enabled and is difficult to test since I can only wait and watch until the computer crashes on its own.  I have not had this "random crash" occur since installing SPTD v2.05, but I have only had SPTD v2.05 installed for a very short period of time.

#30 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

Yes, we understand that you are reporting two different problems. So far we didn't got other reports about the "crash on it's own" problem, anyway please let us know (and please send minidump) if you get it again with the latest SPTD version.

#31 Gorkster

Gorkster

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:59 AM

Just a quick update...  It has been 16 days since I had a "random crash."  Since this is the longest I've gone without a crash (or the slow-down which often preceded a crash) I'm here to post this particular issue seems to have been fixed with SPTD v2.05.  If it happens again I'll post back here.

Naturally, the "crash on first cold boot" issue when "fast startup" is enabled is still apparent.  Do you guys think you'll eventually get anywhere with DuplexSecure with regard to this issue?  Or does it seem like a lost cause so far...  I reported the issue to them directly on the same day I opened up my "support ticket" with Alcohol-Soft but never heard back from DuplexSecure.

#32 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

I'm sure they will finally manage to fix it. Every problem has its solution. B)

#33 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

We did got a beta version of SPTD that may fix this problem, for users interested to test it please pm me.

#34 danuinfo

danuinfo

1% Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:16 AM

Please share it for testing NARS.

#35 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Please PM NARS as asked if you want to test it.

#36 NARS

NARS

Forum Administration

• Administration
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

I did sent it to him and to Gorkster, so far it seems to fix the problem. We should probably release a new Alcohol version soon including a the new SPTD version with this fix.

#37 Gorkster

Gorkster

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

Good news!  :)

I noticed as well that DuplexSecure has now posted SPTD 2.07 for download from their web site.

Edited by Gorkster, 05 December 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#38 Roland of Gilead

Roland of Gilead

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

Good news!  :)

I noticed as well that DuplexSecure has now posted SPTD 2.07 for download from their web site.

YES, this solved the problem to me as you could read in my thread http://forum.alcohol...solutely-no-go/ :-)

This is for WIN10 64bit Pro 1152

#39 Charalambos

Charalambos

Support Team Member

• Support Team
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

1152? :unsure:

#40 Gorkster

Gorkster

10% Member

• +Alcohol-Customer
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:44 AM

Maybe that's the version that shows when they run WINVER.  But it seems old - mine shows Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.29)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hibernate mode, windows 10, alcohol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users