Oh, I see. I know about 10586 etc. but this other number is totally unfamiliar to me.
Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:35 AM
Maybe this driver will help with our problem. I will try to check it when I come home in January, but I believe, that on Board is anyone who can do it faster and let us know
Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:54 AM
OK, so I am first I think who checked this new version
WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM:
- Computer was unable to boot with active "Fast Boot" function on Windows 10 with STPD driver.
After pressed "power" button, PC immediately turned off and needed to press "power" button again
(all in all - press it twice) to have PC operative and ready to work.
WHAT WAS CHECKED:
- On my problematic Alienware 14 (Mid 2014) I manually downloaded newest STPD driver (2.08) from DuplexSecure website and ran installer.
- When I was sure, that I have *NO* driver on my system, clicked "Install" and accepted requirement to reboot my PC.
- When my PC was operative, I opened STPD installer again and clicked "Update" to verify installation.
- I made a reboot again to be sure
- After 2 minutes (usually time to be sure, that Windows loaded all drivers and services) turned off PC.
- After 10 seconds after this power-off, I clicked on "power" button and PC booted immediately.
- After next 2 minutes I turned off PC again
- This time I decided to wait ~5 minutes to be sure that PC is turned off definitely.
- I turned on my PC and it booted immediately
- With *DISABLED FAST BOOT* => NO ISSUE (version 2.08)
(I had no issue since 2.05 version but noticed sometimes this issue "from time to time")
- With *ENABLED FAST BOOT* and typical reboot operation => NO ISSUE
- With *ENABLED FAST BOOT* and typical boot operation => finally NO ISSUE
My PC (Alienware 14)
- CPU+GPU: i7 4710MQ + Intel HD 4600
- RAM: 16GB DDR3
- GPU: GeForce GTX 765 (2GB DDR5)
- HDD1 (OS): PLEXTOR M6M 256GB
- HDD2 (DATA): WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
I missed for Alcohol on my PC to be installed - since this issue happened I needed to uninstall it ;(
Now I am trying to check stability and functionality of STPD and newest Alcohol version.
Cheers and Happy New 2016 Year!!
Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:51 PM
Thanks for the information and happy new year to you -and everybody- too.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hibernate mode, windows 10, alcohol
Alcohol Trial Support →
Alcohol Trial Support Forum →
Alcohol Trial Technical Support →
Alcohol Trial Support →
Important Information →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users